Carseats and the back seat

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and your kid will be front facing in no time. That's what I'm thinking for my situation at least.

I found that to avoid the dance in closing doors and opening them and figuring out where to put your kid can be somewhat solved by taking them out of the back seat, assuming you can get the door open and placing him/her in the front seat temporarily for a moment while you close the back door.

This is how are Britax Boulevard looks like rear facing behind the driver's seat.
https://flic.kr/p/22SK6Bo

Ideally, you want the rear facing one behind the passenger seat so you can move the driver's seat as far back as you need to for clearance and comfort. I have a bit of an unusual circumstance though in that I have both back seats occupied with a car seat (one front facing and one rear facing) and most often use the front facing one and therefore prefer to have it on the curb side where it's easier to load and unload.

I know this is an old thread, but it's still relevant for parents of infants driving an i3.

We have successfully mounted a Graco SlimFit3 LX 3 in 1 Car Seat in rear facing mode. Sure it requires the front seat to be moved forward, but not excessively so, especially on the passenger side.

It's hard to take a child in and out due to the setup of the i3 rear doors, but it's possible and we've been making it work for almost a year.
I am on the lookout for a second car seat now and if I cannot find anything better fitting in rear facing mode, we'll end up buying another Graco SlimFit3 LX. It's a very usable seat.

Back