Connecting a used 2015 i3 to app

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANCHOLO13

Hello

I bought a 2015 i3 rex after driving m wifes i3s.

My wifes car is in my app, very handy

My 2015 says after entering the vin to "connect to vehicle to update"

it shows a picture of the car but has no fuel level or any other info.

Please advise...I connect cell phone via bluetooth and via usb

2014, 2015, and 2016 models are no longer able to use Connected Services because their older cellular connection was shut down. There is currently no way for your car to use the app because BMW servers cannot communicate with the car and they do not offer an upgrade path for those cars.

edited to add: I saw your other post on the FB group and it appears you are aware that your car cannot communicate via Cellular but you are trying to connect the MYBMW app to the car to "synchronize your vehicle data" because it throws up an error message that apparently implies that it can do so if connected via BT or USB. I've never seen that before, and it does indeed imply that, but as other have noted elsewhere, that info appear to be false or misleading.

This is an image of the error code in question:
BMs0Fki.jpg

Wow, I completely understand why you would think the app should be able to connect via Bluetooth or USB based on that error message.

BMW's app/IT incompetence continues to surprise me to this day!

But also for whatever it's worth, you're not really missing out on the app if you don't have remote access to precondition/ check the status of the car remotely. Anything that would pop up in the app is already on the car's screen, which you can presumably see if you are connected via bluetooth (or usb).

Sincerely, a 2014 owner whose app no longer connects to the car.

Back