Swapping 2017 / 2021 Leather Interior / Oak Trim?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eNate said:
But now that you're starting fresh, maybe take a look at the Wokeby Trunk Extension? He says his shipping to the US is flat rate regardless of state. It was a relatively reasonable charge given its size. He's since transitioned from GRP (fiberglass) to plastic, but I find mine to be a wonderfully useful addition hidden beneath the false floor.
Shipping to Honolulu is 62€ which seems reasonable for something so bulky. In fact, adding a frunk sealing cover doesn't increase the shipping cost. However, the total cost of these 2 items without shipping is only 8€ less than the 3-item bundle that includes the charge port flap. However, the current charge port flap is incompatible with the U.S. charge port. If Wokeby creates a U.S. version of the charge port flap and sells the 3-item bundle for the same cost, I'd strongly consider ordering the bundle. I rarely need additional cargo space, and don't carry anything in the frunk that couldn't get wet or dusty, so I don't really need these things. However, I hate to see the wasted space below the cargo floor panel, and I'd like to support Wokeby because of their support of the i3.

alohart said:
...the current charge port flap is incompatible with the U.S. charge port. If Wokeby creates a U.S. version of the charge port flap and sells the 3-item bundle for the same cost, I'd strongly consider ordering the bundle.

I've spoken to him, and he said "sorry" there'll be no US version. He cited that BMS's design of the US port is a more complex assemble of parts than the Euro version, plus he has no car to measure and test it on. That combined with the discontinuation of the i3 cause him to not pursue it, unlikely to be a profitable endeavor for him. Too bad, I would have grabbed one, too.

eNate said:
I haven't tried my 12A Delphi EVSE on 240 because of something I read somewhere saying it's incompatible, and it's only labeled for 120. However, the 10A EVSE that came with my VW ID.4 is similarly labeled for 120 only, and yet it is fully functional on 240 volts. So it could just be a liability omission. One day I'll get around to cracking it open to verify, but I have a hard time imagining something like this being built for 120 only.

FWIW I went down this rabbit hole once when my other EVSE was on hiatus, and though I'd like to be proven wrong, the 2014 OUC (7644239-03) does NOT seem to be 240v compatible. Jogging my memory from the links below, the issues are that the relay coil is 120v and there are some jumpers that would need to be modified for 240v. It looks like it can be done if you're up for modifying the PCB and replacing the input with 4 wires.

These are Volt links, but the model #s inside match the innards of my 7644239-03 OUC.
https://www.gm-volt.com/threads/clippercreek-lcs-20-circuit-board-pictures.151401/
https://www.gm-volt.com/threads/vid...modify-voltec-l1-evse-to-do-l1-and-l2.146977/

Don't know about the newer BMW OUC.

Thanks Pete, good info. I have enough EVSEs that I'm not chomping to try this, but I'd I do, I'll be sure to open and inspect the components rather than "just going for it."

Back