No sound from parking sensors

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i34DB

I just bought a '17 REX from Carvana and noticed that the parking sensor warning does not activate - like when getting close to the garage wall or another car, the screen sometimes does not display the graphic, and when it does appear, there is no sound. I there some adjustment in the settings to fix this?

What happens if you press the parking button on the center console? (You shouldn't need to, I'm just curious if that brings it alive.)

When I select reverse or press the button the proximity screen appears on the center display, however, there is no sound. Is that normal?

i34DB –

Check your i3's settings under the "Vehicle Options" menu or "My BMW" tile. Look for a submenu that is related to "Parking" (apologies, am not in the car at the moment).

There should be a check box that allows PDC (Park Distance Control) to automatically switch itself on at low speeds... like when you're pulling in to a parking space.

Back