Welcome to the BMW i3 Forum

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi New to this forum. I joined so I could do some research with a view to purchasing a I3.

Thanks for creating this forum thread! I've been eyeing the BMW i3 for a while now, and I'm excited to learn more about it from the experiences and insights shared here. Looking forward to connecting with other i3 enthusiasts!

Hello i3 world,
I just picked up an 2014 Mega world REX with 125k miles.
Battery kapa.max is showing 16.5 so I think the car will be in good shape for a while.
Other cars are Chevy Bolt and Volt. I am fully addicted to EVs and could not pass up a sweet deal.

Using this as an extra car/teens starter car.
David

hendeerd said:
Hello i3 world,
I just picked up an 2014 Mega world REX with 125k miles.
Battery kapa.max is showing 16.5 so I think the car will be in good shape for a while.
Other cars are Chevy Bolt and Volt. I am fully addicted to EVs and could not pass up a sweet deal.

Using this as an extra car/teens starter car.
David

Hello hendeerd –

Your post is the only one in the last few posts on this thread that looks like it might be written by a real human.

What do you like most about your i3?

Good morning everyone, I am new of the forum I bought a used 2016 i3 rex few months ago, i have few questions if anyone can answer: first the check engine light, code says powertrain mulfunction, I deleted the light with my bimmer code 3 times, and i noticed that comes only after I turn the REX? What could be the problem? Second is the orange exclamation triangle ñight about the gas door/cap mulfunction.
So for the first problem I've heard that the 12v battery could be it or moisture in the line? True? What could be a self solution without sent it to the dealer? Thank you

Maurizio66 said:
first the check engine light, code says powertrain mulfunction, I deleted the light with my bimmer code 3 times, and i noticed that comes only after I turn the REX? What could be the problem? Second is the orange exclamation triangle ñight about the gas door/cap mulfunction.
The BimmerCode version I have can't delete the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) that cause the check engine light to illuminate. However, BimmerLink can. BimmerLink can also display the DTC's which is the only way to know what is causing the check engine light to illuminate. Without knowing the DTC's, diagnosing this problem is just guessing.

A weak 12 V battery is unlikely to cause the check engine light to illuminate which is fairly common for i3 Rex's. A weak 12 V battery could set many different DTC's causing several seemingly unrelated warning messages to be displayed.

You should probably start a new topic about your problems so they don't get buried in the very long "Welcome to the BMW i3 Forum" topic.

Hi Everyone!

I’m purchasing my fourth BMW today. My journey began in 1988 and it continues on.

I’ve gone from 320s to X5s and now an i3. I am way too excited.

It’s a 2014 REx with only 27k miles on it. My first EV and I’m ready to roll.

This forum has been super enlightening. I can’t stop scrolling. If anyone has tips for me please share.

😃

Welcome to the forum AzureBlue!

With all the experience you have in BMWs (and ending in a X5) you now posess a unicorn – a mass-produced RWD carbon fiber car.

It's going to be a long time (likely never) before another big manufacturer builds a car like BMW did with the i3 & i8. The design of your new ride is closer to a McLaren than any other car BMW has made!

Hello,

My history with BMW started with Z4, 635d and X5. Now it's my first EV she's an i3s 2022MY arriving 9 Nov.
Looking forward to the challenges this EV presents. :D

Hey everyone, just joined this forum after picking up my 2015 BMW i3 REx last Saturday. This was actually the very first one I looked at closely as a prospective buyer. It ticked all the boxes I had on my wish list (heated seats, cruise control, panorama roof, wood dashboard trim), and even added an extra HK sound system! The buying price was right, and the dealer is a proper Bimmer geek. Now off to discovering how to wire my subwoofer here!

Cheers, Michiel

Back