Coding sport mode on a non i3s

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertone

Hi,
I've read that you can add sport mode to a non i3s with bimmercode.

Has anyone done this ?
Is there any difference in performance or in any other respect vs comfort mode ?

Thanks for your help.

I haven't done it to mine, but the guy who bought my 2017 non-S connected with a guy by the name of Gabor Lencse, an Admin of the BMW Tech Worldwide Group Facebook group, and got ahold of their "i3 remote chiptuning" package, which is supposed to duplicate the i3S parameters.

I don't know any of the details, but the new owner says it's been great. He only owned the car in stock form for a short time before making this mod, so he didn't really have a long-term basis for comparison. But I'm sure you can find more about it on FB or Reddit.

Just wanted to share that, having owned both a 2014 i3 BEV (seven years) and a 2021 BEV i3s (one year), what I most enjoy about the i3s is the upgraded suspension – it's a significant improvement in handling likely due to the i3s' wider track, bigger tires, and lowered suspension.

I've always felt the 2014 i3 BEV's power was more than enough for my day-to-day driving which is primarily on surface streets, so I rarely use Sport mode.

That said, I'm interested to know... does the Sport mode setting only re-map throttle position sensing or does it also make more power available from the EME?

So I did the coding to enable sport mode.
Drove the car for 1h.
However did not find any difference vs comfort mode. :oops:

As reported by other people, the sport mode picture shows up on the center console but not on the drivers display.

Will code back to original settings. :lol:

Back