Protonic Blue C01 touch-up paint not available at BMw

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertone

Hi,
I have some small scratches on my bumper that I would like to touch- up with some paint but my car's colour, protonic blue C01, is not available at BMW nor in any aftermarket supplier like Motip, etc.

I can only find protonic blue C04 but not sure if it a correct match.

Anyone with a similar problem ?
Thanks for your help.

One paint shop has told me that the c04 has 2 variants...one brighter and one darker...perhaps the bright c04 is a match with c01 ???? No idea... :cry:

However, I think I'm close to the solution.... :)

I think that the c01 colour is a naming convention that BMW came up with to define that my car is painted in 2 colours..the c04 (protonic blue) and u83 (frozen gray).

Not that both colours should be mixed up to get to the c01 but that the car has c04 paint on some body parts, and some narrow stripes on the side of the car underneath the doors painted in gray (u83).

The funny thing is that neither customer support nor the spare parts department at BMW can explain what colour the c01 is...they just tell me that BMW does not sell this colour.

My last step to confirm my theory is to get some Motip 53980 (c04) spray paint to see if this matches with my car.

Why not just put c04 and u83 on the BMW factory sticker instead of c01??? And what about the black paint on the bonnet or roof ? What paint code are those ?

....Overengeneering at its best :roll:

Repaired the scratches on the rear right hand side panel using the motip paint...Wet sanded, primed, wet sanded again, painted and then applied clear varnish and polished...

I did not do the complete panel but just tried to blend in the new colour since the scratches were not that big.

The results are ok but not a 100% perfect colour match. The motip c04 paint is slightly more darker (bluer) than the original paint.

Anyway...just 32 EUR spent and plenty of paint left for more repairs if needed.
And of course a lot of fun practicing my investigating, repair and painting skills :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back