BMW i3 Outdoor Car Cover

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWi3s100FD

Morning All,

Out i3s is due for delivery to us here in the UK next week and I wondered if anyone could recommend an outdoor all-weather car cover? preferably one that allows the car to charged when the cover is on.

I assumed it would be an easy to find product but this seemingly isn't the case.

Any tips or pointers gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-cover-fits-for-BMW-i3-I01-Hatchback-5-doors-08-13/292919026350?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW%7CModel%3Ai3&hash=item443355a2ae:g:elAAAOSwqtZfXJ8Z

Likely doesn't have charge port access, but would be pretty easy to make some sort of flap or pocket to fit on top of the cover in the right area, with industrial velcro around the edges, covering charge access, or get someone to sew a 3 sided zipper access panel or something.

I have the OEM partial cover that does keep the interior quite a bit cooler as it covers the front windshield, and the roof over the two front doors. If your goal is to protect the whole vehicle, it isn't for you, but I've found it quite useful over the years. In the winter, especially if you precondition, it makes snow removal easier, too.

I struggled to find the right car cover for my electric beast(i3). The first week I ordered around three covers from amazon, all of them were of the wrong size, and the quality was very disappointing. Anyway, after reading an article about how to measure RV, I found out that I could order a custom car cover for my model, so I decided to order a waterproof one. I was totally shocked when I touched it and felt the quality. So after a few months of using it, I can say that this one is super soft and keeps it safe from rain, dirt, sun, and cold.

Back