(a) searches, and (b) miles per charge

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808Pants

(a) I failed miserably with that oh-so-basic of tasks: searching a forum. "Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found..." does that actually WORK for anyone? All it does for me is get my search rejected, with the word-order scrambled, regardless whether I use "+" between all terms, regardless of word order, etc. (And forget about using "", right?)

(b) There absolutely must be a bunch of threads here where people list/compare their miles-per-charge for different year-models, right? That's all I was after with my search. I wanted to get a sense of whether I'm likely to be below the magic 70% threshold now, or soon. I have a couple more years of battery warranty, but wanted to get a sense of where my car sits on the continuum.

Search has never worked very well. I frequently have search terms rejected because they are too common. You could use Google to search for "miles per charge" on just this Website by entering "mybmwi3.com: miles per charge" which might improve results.

You could install the free mi3 iOS app or electrified Android app and use an OBD to either WiFi or Bluetooth adapter to connect the OBD port to your smartphone. These apps report a bunch of data not displayed on the dashboard including battery pack health as a percentage. This probably uses the same information used to calculate the Batt. Kapa. max value in the i3's hidden service menu which is only a point in time estimate.

If you don't have and don't want to buy an OBD adapter (available on Amazon), I would be happy to plug my adapter into your i3 and use either the mi3 app on my phone or an app on your phone to display data about your battery pack. Send me a private message if interested.

May as well try to build a list in this thread. These are my experience in nice weather, mix of 65 MPH freeway and streets, ~1,000 feet of elevation charge.

2017 BEV 94Ah 135 miles reliably

2021 BEV 120AH about 185

Back