U.S. Production Numbers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jgetz said:
I received mine from my local dealer this morning! 0606993, with production set for the first week in March. Mine will be the first one sold in San Antonio :D

Just saw on the website that my car finally entered production today! After three production date shifts, I was about to call it quits and go with a Leaf or Volt. Super excited now!

Mine exited production on April 29. It's now May 18 and it still has not been marked "En Route" according to the web site. How long do they normally hold these cars at the factory before sending them to port?

I exited production around May 1. Not sure, but being on the west coast means there are fewer ships that come our way. There was a ship that left Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme and Tacoma on May 10. Car must not have gotten to Bremerhaven in time to make that ship. Next ship to the west coast is supposed to leave today and arrive in Port Hueneme on June 11, Tacoma on June 15, Once it leaves port you can insert your VIN number to see if it made the ship for sure - Ship name is Toreador.

My car went into the Production Ends phase on the tracking site the week of March 11. It arrived at Oxnard (Port Hueneme) on April 29, according to my sales person. The dealership in Marin county received it on May 13. I took delivery May 15. Not sure if that timing holds in general since I lucked into the initial wave. BMW NA might have prioritized them to meet the launch schedule or taken extra time if new procedures were needed. Can't be sure.

My CA definitely prioritized the dealer prep side. And even though we'd completed all the financial approvals well in advance, the actual delivery process took longer than usual. I was this dealer's first i3 customer. The finance people were very careful with the Owner's Choice with Flex process. And my CA did a very thorough orientation.

In the end, the i3 proved well worth the wait.

The $7500 is referred to as a balloon payment due at the end of the term. It does offset the total financed so the payment is reduced. I intend to repay it as soon as we get our tax refund next year. I traded in a vehicle that was paid in full so my out of pocket cost was zero.

Re: charge timing. I haven't dived into it really. I'm making due with a level 1 charge so I left it as immediate. Each time you shut off the vehicle, the main display presents options for charge timing. You also can set and save several different departure day/time settings for quick recall. Once you set a departure, you can enable low-cost charging options. So while it's controlled through the iDrive, you don't have to dive in because the screen appears as soon as you press Start/Stop. All the functions are available from the app as well.

jgetz said:
I received mine from my local dealer this morning! 0606993, with production set for the first week in March. Mine will be the first one sold in San Antonio :D

Oh cool, super-ancient thread and I'm guessing this member has long moved on to something different now, but very likely mine is the FINAL (new) i3 sold in San Antonio.

Back