Just purchased our 2nd i3:

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geodude

We have had our first 2017 i3 with the REX for over 2 years ago that we purchased in 2020. We just bought our second i3 another 2017 with the REX at the end of this year.
These quirky little cars are so incredible and fun to drive when we had the opportunity to get another one we couldn't resist. We take our i3 everywhere because of how efficient it is when driving and the simple fact how expensive gas prices are the i3 saves us a lot of money that we used to spend filling up at the pump. My wife rarely drives her ICE car anymore because of the gas prices. I usually charge the i3 at home in the garage with Level 2 charger but recently they just installed chargers at my work where you can charge for free so getting another i3 in the family was a no brainer. We absolutely love the i3 and I'm wondering if anyone else out there has owned more than one of these great little cars?

I'm one!

I came into an off lease 2017 BEV in 2019 after being lured in to the notion of owning an EV by the (then newly available) Niro. The i3 would be stepping in after 22 years of station wagon ownership and I wasn't sure how it would suit me.

No problem! A year and a half of living with the little BMW my wife became convinced she, too, could go electric – her with VW's ID.4.

But when July 2021 rolled around and the end of the i3 program in the US was upon us, "I wasn't looking for a new car but..." decided there was nothing else available or in the pipeline quite like this car. I hunted down a sparkly new 2021 to "reset the odometer" of ownership – I suppose that's literal but I mean it figuratively – and let the i3 carry me into the future.

Geodude said:
We have had our first 2017 i3 with the REX for over 2 years ago that we purchased in 2020. We just bought our second i3 another 2017 with the REX at the end of this year.
These quirky little cars are so incredible and fun to drive when we had the opportunity to get another one we couldn't resist. We take our i3 everywhere because of how efficient it is when driving and the simple fact how expensive gas prices are the i3 saves us a lot of money that we used to spend filling up at the pump. My wife rarely drives her ICE car anymore because of the gas prices. I usually charge the i3 at home in the garage with Level 2 charger but recently they just installed chargers at my work where you can charge for free so getting another i3 in the family was a no brainer. We absolutely love the i3 and I'm wondering if anyone else out there has owned more than one of these great little cars?

I'm on my 5th

Hello Geodude!

Got my first BEV new in 2014 and drove it for seven fun years. Once BMW gave notice that they were killing it in North America for the 2022 model year I traded the 2014 in for a shiny new 2021 BEV s. They are amazing little machines!

Given BMW's pivot to common-platform ICEs/EVs I feel my new i3s may be my last BMW – I don't find their current and upcoming EV offerings to be interesting.

Last week Top Gear had this well-written elegy for two unique vehicles, one of which is the i3:

"Celebrating two gamechanging icons: the BMW i3 and Audi A2"
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/best-2022/celebrating-two-gamechanging-icons-bmw-i3-and-audi-a2

Back