Drivers side seat heater not working.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpine788

My newly purchased (4 days ago) 2015 rex has the drivers side seat heater not working. This is the first time I drove it at night and its cold... the passenger side works great. Any suggestions?

Ty

This is a common problem. The wires that go from the connector under the seat and thread into the seat cushion are apparently routed against a support rod that causes the wire(s) to fray and eventually break. This can be repaired if you are handy. I have a PDF that came from the FB BMW i3 WorldWide group that documents the repair but I don't know how to post it here.

It could also be the THERMISTOR (basically a thermostat) that is is connected to those wires and it can fail. If it does fail, the fix is fairly simple if you are handy and might cost around $10-$20 for a replacement.

Or you can buy the entire seat bottom as a replacement with all the wires new and just replace it. Cost, I don't know $100-$200

I've yet to see anyone claim it was the dash switch or anything else. Until you get around to finding out the issue maybe get a small 12v heated blanket?

Back