Sunroof- tilt part way?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericblz

Have a 2019 REX with sunroof. I really like the sunroof but of course it does get noisy at higher speeds.

As it is winter I haven't opened it in a few months. To my surprise pushing the button last week did nothing.

I then slid the button backwards for a moment and it tilted open just slightly! I held it again and it tilted all the way up and then proceeded to open as normal. Pushing forward let me slide it forward then reduce tilt as much as I wanted, stopping any time. This was actually really nice, tilted halfway the sunroof was quiet at much higher speed.

Fast forward to a few days later. Being fully adjustable disappeared and has not returned. Anyone have ideas on this? No coding changes, no visits to the dealer in at least eight months.

I figured it out! Love this 'feature'

if you press and hold the tilt button the sunroof will tilt open. Keep holding it for 15 seconds, and the sunroof will close

Now it is in reset mode and opens incrementally with the forward and backward buttons. Enjoy!

Back