Satnav do not work after map update attempt

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertone

Hi,
I did a map update 3 years ago downloading the EUROPE WEST ROUTE 2019-2 map sw and sticking in a USB to the center arm socket and all went well. At that time the car did not ask for an FSC code to perform the update.

So I figured I'd update the maps again to a later version (EUROPE WEST ROUTE 2023-1)....and of course all went wrong this time !!!!!

The problem I'm having is that when I turn the car on, the idrive detects that the USB drive contains a newer map version and wants the FSC activation code....since I do not have such a code...I try to cancel the procedure but no luck.

Now the idrive is in a kind of 'loop" and asks for the fsc activation code all of the time when i try to enter navigation mode. Even if no USB with the new map is connected.

I've tried different ways to exit this mode (restating idrive pushing in the volume knob more than 30 secs, entering a wrong fsc code to get an error to cancel the procedure, etc) but it all ends up to the same point...without a correct FSC code, the navigation does not work.

My vin is V882769 and (I think) my idrive is NBT. My i3 is an 94ah my2017.

How can I get passed this mess ??
Thanks for your help.

If you care to go the upgrade route, it is possible to buy a "lifetime FSC" code. I did that on eBay a while ago for $23 and even though I was a bit skeptical, it worked well. That was for North America, but I assume someone offers it for Europe if they are even regionally specific. Just be sure to buy from a reputable seller/ through a marketplace with buyer protections in case it doesn't work.

Thanks.
Yes...thats the way to go. However I do not trust the maps I have downloaded, perhaps some file chould be missing or something .

So I think il'l bite the dust this time and buy the maps from the BMW official page that costs 60 eur for a one year update service.

It sems that you can update the maps without fsc during the first 3 years of the car's life....after that date you need an fsc code and if you don't have it while updating, the satnav will stop working until it is deblocked with a working fsc code....Lesson learned :lol:

Back