Coding questions

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o2cool4g63

Hello all, anyway to turn on backup camera while driving? Also what ever happened to changing one click signal to more then 3 clicks, BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP under 3060 doesnt seem to be there..

I haven't found a coding change for our 2019 i3 that enables more than 3 temporary turn signal flashes as existed for our 2014 i3. If you figure this out, please post your solution.

alohart said:
I haven't found a coding change for our 2019 i3 that enables more than 3 temporary turn signal flashes as existed for our 2014 i3. If you figure this out, please post your solution.

I found one for LCI i3, go to Headunit → Expert mode → search "5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN" → set it to "active"

p.png

Then you’ll see the option available on iDrive:

p.jpeg

detoo said:
alohart said:

I found one for LCI i3, go to Headunit → Expert mode → search "5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN" → set it to "active"
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It works just as you described.

5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN seems like a hidden parameter because I couldn't find it scrolling through the many HeadUnit > 3000 parameters. I don't know whether hidden parameters is even a thing, but I expected 5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN to be in the parameter list.

If I may trouble you people some more. We have 4 tail lights, but only two on the trunk lid is used, unless you opened the tail gate, then the bumper tail lights kicks in. Is there a way to code this so we can have all 4 tail lights on at the same time?

Back