Google maps-sending address from Google maps to BMWi3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrink13

I used to be able to go to my desktop PC and go to Google Maps, enter an address, and one of the options was "send to car." My BMWi3 is still listed in the Google setting, but the link on the map for "send to car" is missing. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

On my iMac in Google maps, once you find the location on the left panel, you get a series of menu options under the Location Pic

"Save" "Nearby" "Send to your Phone" "Share"

If you click "Send to your phone", a sub menu opens with "car" as one of the options.

Is that what you'd lost?

Hello Gif,

Thanks so much for posting a reply and yes, I did find what I lost. Your suggestion worked perfectly and I was able to send the address to my phone. Thanks again.

I get the send to the phone option but no sub menu to send to car. Used to exist but its not there now!?

MikeS said:
I get the send to the phone option but no sub menu to send to car. Used to exist but its not there now!?
Are you logged in Mike?

From memory, you need to be logged into your Google account and have provided your ConnectedDrive credentials for it to make the link.

Yes i am logged in. Use to see this facility but not now. How to I check if my connected drive credentials are logged?

All I did was view or create the route on my phone then sent it to the My BMW app, which opened it up and was able to send to the i3 from there :D HTH

Back