120Ah Battery Recall Parts Now Available

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbledotcom

In early May, I took in my 2021 BEV for its first service—brake fluid and cabin filter swap. While there, they let me know that parts are now available for the hv battery recall. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V683-3950.PDF

I was surprised because I'd gotten the NHTSA notice a few months ago but it indicated a followup letter would be sent when parts were ready. Anyway they went ahead and ordered the parts for my car, including a new cell module that had to be shipped from Germany. Got a call this past Monday that everything had arrived. I dropped the car off Tuesday morning and picked it up today. All seems good. Ironically, the NHTSA written notice that parts are now available was waiting in my mailbox when I got the repaired car home.

Curious if anyone else here received a recall notice. I question the accuracy of the recall statement that only 15 cars built between Nov 1, 2018 and May 26, 2021, were affected. Especially since my car's build date was May 27, 2021.

Curious if anyone else here received a recall notice. I question the accuracy of the recall statement that only 15 cars built between Nov 1, 2018 and May 26, 2021, were affected. Especially since my car's build date was May 27, 2021.

stumbledotcom –

Thanks for posting about the recall as it's the first I've heard of it. My i3s BEV is March 2021 production and I've not received a recall notice.

Back