Connect drive not updating

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noakey

Hi all,

My connect drive has not been updating since 15/05/2014. It seemed to stop after a charge fail when I sent a change of departure time to the car. I have also looked on the web portal.. this has the same last update of 15/05/2014.

Has anyone else seen this? Thank you.

Have you driven the car since this date? My experience is, that if the car is locked and not on the charger, the app doesn't update.

DeJay58 said:
Have you driven the car since this date? My experience is, that if the car is locked and not on the charger, the app doesn't update.

Hi DeJay58... Thank you for your reply.. Yes the car is used daily and has ventured around 250miles in that time, including Heathrow and Longleat (but no monkeys thankyou).

I saw the i3 update at the beginning and end of each journey, and if charging, updated on request. But now no updates at all. I have also emailed the iconnectdrive team... see what they think.

Thanks again

I have only an update problem with the max. distance per charge... All other values updates almost anytime I want :)

Please let us know about the answer from BMW

DeJay58 said:
I have only an update problem with the max. distance per charge... All other values updates almost anytime I want :)

Hi Dejay58... Will do... its such a useful and valuable tool... Enjoy. Will post BMW reply here.

Have you tried sending a "lights on" command (or similar) to the car? I find that forces an update of the charging info too, at least sometimes. Doesn't seem to work every time though.

AndyW said:
Have you tried sending a "ltry again'ghts on" command (or similar) to the car? I find that forces an update of the charging info too, at least sometimes. Doesn't seem to work every time though.

Hi ... Thank you for this... the app successfully connected to connect drive but it took ages sending to vehicle and ended with 'Error while connecting with the vehicle','try again'.

Hmm.

noakey said:
the app successfully connected to connect drive but it took ages sending to vehicle and ended with 'Error while connecting with the vehicle','try again'.
I experienced this a few weeks ago. I wondered if the car was failing to get a signal in my garage so I tried driving to a different location but it still couldn't connect and the android app wasn't able to connect to the car either. I also lost the 'BMW Online' setting from idrive

Photo : https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7079/13899063615_e52f1c2f9f_o.jpg

The next day it started working again and it's been ok since so I just assumed it was a local network gremlin.

noakey said:
DeJay58 said:

Hi Dejay58... Will do... its such a useful and valuable tool... Enjoy. Will post BMW reply here.

Hi..

Just checked and still not working. The car has been on a few local trips today.

So BMW called me back this afternoon as promised and said everything looks ok on my accounts. They have refered my query to Germany tech and will call back within 24hours.

Back