Can you order winter tyres in the UK for the I3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasman

Just had an update on my I3(ordered feb 15th) delivery date has moved from around august to oct/nov if i take delivery..i would like winter tyres fitted as standard..However i cannot find the winter tyre option? is it possible to add this?

sasman said:
i cannot find the winter tyre option? is it possible to add this?
I'm not sure if it's possible to add them to be fitted as standard (winter tyres aren't really supposed to be on all year round?) but it is possible to order them in the UK. I have a set of winter tyres fitted to the standard 'easy clean' wheels currently sitting in BMW's wheel storage warehouse waiting for the winter months.

The only thing I'd add is that the winter tyres are same width front/rear. I queried that with BMW (seeing as my REx is wider at the rear) but they assured me this was fine so my set of winter wheels are 4x 155's. They had to be ordered from Munich and they took a few weeks to get here but your dealer can get them for you if you want them.

sasman said:
Just had an update on my I3(ordered feb 15th) delivery date has moved from around august to oct/nov if i take delivery..

That is very worrying. I ordered mine 22 Jan and have not been told of any delay - yet. I must say if they do tell me it is delayed I may well just cancel the order. Im getting a bit fed up of their poor service. Waiting 7 months was bad enough but 9 would be ridiculous.

Sometimes they are faster. Ordered my i3 REx jan 17th, delivery then expected first week of june. I meanwhile received it may 15th and have already driven over 500km!

Set of winter tyres for 799 Euro from German online shop here:

https://www.procarshop.de/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=I3

Transport is 39,90 Euro in Germany, probably more to the UK.
My BMW dealer offered a set for 900 Euro incl. VAT.

Frank
Germany

Thanks for the comfort. I find it very strange that there is such disparity between order and delivery dates.

I previously hat contact to my i agent over the telephone, where I stated that I was 99% certain to order the i3. He put in a reservation for me on that basis in early december, which speeded things up. I was now three weeks faster than anticipated because all those orders with leather interior were pushed backwards.
Still it was a long wait, but after 5 days I can say: worth it!

Frank
Germany

ordered 15/2 and delivery oct/now ? You must be joking.

i ordered 8/5 and delivery would be week 44, however on another forum someonehas ordered 6/5 and delivery would be week 40.

Problem is on my documents the week of delivery is left blank (ordered by fax and recieved email)!
So you sign an agreement to deliver a car but there is no date set for delivery... i think a date would be essential to have a valid agreement.

fdl1409 said:
Sometimes they are faster. Ordered my i3 REx jan 17th, delivery then expected first week of june. I meanwhile received it may 15th and have already driven over 500km!

Set of winter tyres for 799 Euro from German online shop here:

https://www.procarshop.de/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=I3

Transport is 39,90 Euro in Germany, probably more to the UK.
My BMW dealer offered a set for 900 Euro incl. VAT.

Frank
Germany

Frank, I've just looked at the procarshop web site and when you click through to the specific item it is described as "BMW winter wheel star spoke 427 in the dimension 155/70 R19 84Q Bridgestone Blizzak LM-500 * RDC (Tyre Pressure Control)" as if it is both wheels and tyres. Is it really both, if so they are far less expensive than I expected?

Yes it is both aluminium wheels and tyres. I am pleased about this as the first offer I had from the i agent in january was 1.700 Euro. So glad I waited.

Frank

looking at the link again i think it may be 799 euro for each tyre/wheel.

It seems that they are charging a lot more than the normal cost for them judging by the 'list' price shown being so much higher?

I may have misunderstood however as i dont speak/read german.

electricvirgin said:
looking at the link again i think it may be 799 euro for each tyre/wheel.

It seems that they are charging a lot more than the normal cost for them judging by the 'list' price shown being so much higher?

I may have misunderstood however as i dont speak/read german.

Neither do I but Chrome will automatically translate it into English if you want. Here is what it comes up with.

"BMW winter wheel star spoke 427 in the dimension 155/70 R19 84Q Bridgestone Blizzak LM-500 * RDC (Tyre Pressure Control) EU Tire Label: Fuel Efficiency: C; Wet grip: B; Class, the external rolling noise: 2; Measured value of the external rolling noise: 69 dB. Set / 4 pcs. including BMW tire warranty. Suitable for the following models: all BMW i3 BMW i collection."

Note the set 4 pcs. I'm sure it's for 4 tyres/rims.

Bill

No, "Winterkomplettradsatz" translated is set of complete winter tires. 4 wheels, 4 tires.
And later "4 Stück" = 4 pieces.

BMW have offered the set for 900 Euro. I will buy them from the online shop, because my dealer is 50km away.

Frank
Germany
i3 REx

will they ship to the USA?

Currently, 799 Euros translates to about $1090 USD. Not including shipping or VAT I assume.

In the US, BMW centers are offering a package that is identical to the one above for $1,875 USD which includes mounting & balancing.

Thoughts?

I`ve just sent an inquiry to them to ask:
- shipping to UK / other EU / USA / Canada possible?
- customs?
- VAT?
- shipping prices?
Will let you know as soon as they have answered. Suggested they answer themselves here in the forum.

Frank
Germany
i3 REX

If I remember correctly the price of Euro799 included VAT at 19%. For the UK I estimated the price would be close to £750 incl shipping.

I think you can find the details you are looking for by going through the online process, which included a drop down list of countries, then abandoning the order before reaching payment. That's what I did.

RJSATLBA said:
If I remember correctly the price of Euro799 included VAT at 19%. For the UK I estimated the price would be close to £750 incl shipping.

I think you can find the details you are looking for by going through the online process, which included a drop down list of countries, then abandoning the order before reaching payment. That's what I did.

On the web site there is an English language choice in the top right corner.
I have bought many accessories from them and all works out well apart from,
My all weather carpet matts. They came in LHD version! Derr. Thankfully Procar have been great in exchanging these.

The Blizzaks are now listed on mytires.co.uk at £130 inc VAT and delivery. The BMW website accessories page lists the 'standard' alloy wheel at c£330 each, which makes €899 incl 19% VAT and shipping for a set of 4 wheels and tyres from Procarshop look like very good value. I wonder if they've marked them down rather than carry stock over the Summer.

Back