Packages and options

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waitingi3

This will be the first time I have purchased a new BMW, and I am nervous that the optional packages and options will shoot the price up over $50K.

I expect the car to include at least LED lighting throughout, a DC fast charge port and a complete Nav system.

I'll pay extra for adaptive cruise, lane keeping and a sunroof if offered.

Do you think I will be a happy camper tomorrow when the i3 is announced? :eek:

That is what I am afraid of too. I do not want to pay 50k for this vehicle. So I hope BMW have more options standard. If BMW can have limited variation of this car will keep production cost down. I guess dealers will also have thier add-on as well and that can add to high prices. I know car companies and dealerships are out there to make money but I just hate it when they nickel and dime you, i.e. 250 dollars for a iPhone holder.

It's unusual for us here in Europe to have packages on German cars, normally every little extra costs (lights over the sun visors.... that will be £90 thank you....etc.etc) however my understanding is the i3 will be more like the US model of packages. The small bit of info I have on the interior is that if you want a sunroof it will come as standard with one of the "interior worlds".

Now, whether this a way reducing the cost of options for us here in Europe...... we are always gobsmaked at how cheap cars & options are in the US...... is another matter, it may just simplify the production process.

I'm just glad that in another 24hrs I'll know how much my ideal configuration will be ..... & then comes the "do I think its worth it" conversation.

Following up on this post, now that the car has been unveiled:

Waitingi3 said:
I expect the car to include at least LED lighting throughout

now known to be standard, included at all trim levels

Waitingi3 said:
a DC fast charge port

known to be optional, price not yet known

Waitingi3 said:
and a complete Nav system

now known to be standard, included at all trim levels; however one could debate "complete"; the more advanced nav functions will be optional (and I mean really advanced); see press release

Waitingi3 said:
I'll pay extra for adaptive cruise, lane keeping and a sunroof if offered. Do you think I will be a happy camper tomorrow when the i3 is announced? :eek:

Looks like it :)

Back