phuonguy

P018B

Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 am

Hi,

I got the Check Engine Light turned on on my 2015 I3 REX. I used the Autel MS300 to erase the code.
I downloaded the Car Scanner app to use with the Veepak Bluetooth OBD2 and it displayed the code the I cleared is P018B and and another code P21E9(6F).
I ran the emission tests and it shown below:
Current drive cycle status:
Misfire Passed
Fuel System Passed
Components Passed
Catalyst Not Passed
Heated Catalyst Passed
Evaporative System Not Passed
Secondary air system Passed
A/C refrigerant Passed
Oxygen Sensor Not Passed
Oxygen Sensor heater Not Passed
EGR system Passed

Look like the oxygen sensor is bad and that is why i got the code P018B?
Should I get the oxygen sensor replaced?

Thanks
Phuong

phuonguy

Re: P018B

Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 pm

I was cleaning the gas cap on my 2015 I3 REX as someone here suggested that could clear the Check Engine Light which turned on. I clean the black piece that touch the fuel door and when i pulled it , it just come off freely. So i plugged it back to the hole...
Look like it is broken, right?

miguelrivera00

Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

Hello, I too have this problem, my 2014 I3 has the check engine light and I took it to Autozone to read the code and it came up with 3 instances of the P018B. Im thinking its the fuel temperature pressure sensor. I had been having issues opening my fuel door since it would allow me even depressing the fuel button for a long time. At times I had to use the emergency fuel door open from the frunk. If you or anyone has the solution to this please post, thanks.

miguelrivera00

Thu May 16, 2019 7:32 am

-Breaking News-

I just called BMW of America after seeing a bulletin posted on the web. "https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Do ... %2012%2014".

The service adviser said the there is no recall but rather a bulletin on their "Warranty System" called "Pressure sensor limited warranty" He advised me to go to a BMW dealer and let them diagnose it and hope for me that's it, beats doing the work myself and paying upwards up $150 for the sensor.

FYI I let him know I was out of warranty

N41EF

Sun May 19, 2019 7:07 am

I've got the same code just popped up today 2016 i3 Rex. I have an appt to drop it off Weds for the fuel door not unlocking.

A note to Phuonguy, if you cleared the codes, it resets the OBD cycle and the incomplete or not-passed lights will be on. You have to drive a OBD cycle to clear those. You can drive the car with Rex for a week or so and then check again, but every time you clear codes it also clears all of those to not-passes.
2016 i3 Rex, Solar Orange, SOC coded

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”