vreihen

Re: Custom License Plate - Wife Very Angry - Need Advice

Fri May 17, 2019 3:52 am

AndrewDebbie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 am
Which is more important to you, your marriage or your new licence plate? If it is your marriage, ditch the plate immediately. Get your wife involved in choosing something else.
Roger that! My DW didn't like my first choice for a custom plate for the i3, but came up with one that I can live with (and will make all of my racing buddies laugh because it complements the custom plate that has graced my race car for 19 years). The i3 is "my" car, but compromise is a requirement in a healthy marriage. Happy wife, happy life.

This is the first vehicle that I've owned in 20+ years where the license plate frames are not contractually dictated by sponsors. Since custom plate frames can be had for under $20, I'll, um, subtly express my creativity on custom plate frames instead.....
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World, Tech and Driving Assistant packages, 14K miles

3L3CTRICK

Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 am

AndrewDebbie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 am
Which is more important to you, your marriage or your new licence plate? If it is your marriage, ditch the plate immediately. Get your wife involved in choosing something else.

I did a FB Poll and 92% say to keep the plate. Faced with this reality she's OK keeping the plate now. THANKS!

i3Houston

Fri May 17, 2019 10:53 am

Someone had F Cancer plate and it was cancelled. Anything with F is offensive in general but for many with little kids it would find it to be unpleasant.

There other plates that you can find.. NO CO2 or NO GAS, NO OIL or may just EV... all these will send pretty much broadcast the same message to the world and probably without getting same kind of attention from your better half.

Good Luck!
TM3 Reservation holder/ 2015 i3 Rex

Return to “Modifications & Accessories”