spinball

Re: ConnectedDrive

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm

My ConnectedDrive app is still failing to activate climate control 100% of them. I've not been able to condition it for over 2 months now. It's my wife's car and she's a stay at home mom with highly irregular schedule so the calendar based pre-conditioning schedule is useless. Now that it's July and hot in our area, she's complaining to me that her old gas Chevy could reliable cool down for her and our toddler via the car app and yet this BMW won't.

I've so far called the BMW Assist line, BMW "i Genius" line, emailed BMW, and left a VM at the dealer for the "i Genius" to call me back. But I keep reading all these news articles that it's Tesla with the problems. :roll: My Telsa app continues to be absolutely flawless. Never even a single failure!
2017 REx - Platinum Silver - Deka

bwilson4web

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 pm

spinball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm
My ConnectedDrive app is still failing to activate climate control 100% of them. I've not been able to condition it for over 2 months now. . . .
Using Bimmercode, I reprogrammed the "Panic" button on the key fob to enable climatize. I did this because cellular service can be unreliable in some areas.

My key fob testing shows about a 30-40 m range which is enough to go through the wall between the house to reach the i3. It also works at shopping malls, fishing camps, many stores, and other rural areas.

Bob Wilson
20k/27k mi 2014 BMW i3-REx
10k/10k mi 2017 Prius Prime

Fisher99

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:06 am

My ConnectedDrive started working a few weeks ago and has been working perfectly since. Just in time for our hot weather, fortunately. I'm guessing that BMW did some server upgrades on their end.

robthebold

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:11 pm

I've posted over in the thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13574 regarding my attempt to create a text-mode interactive interface to ConnectedDrive. It's a python script that should work on any device with a terminal that supports python. My motivation was that my Sailfish and Ubuntu Touch phones don't have a ConnectedDrive app, but it should be useful more generally as well. If you're sufficiently x-terminal enthusiastic and want to give it a try, check out that thread. So far it's been able to climatize my i3 100% of the time, even when the server causes it to have a timeout error.

Return to “General / Main i3 Owners Forum”