doubledawg33 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:38 pm
All seems to be OK for now. Here's what I did:
- Deactivated the High Voltage.
- Removed the new battery and put it on the trickle charger overnight.
- Reinstalled the new battery.
- Reactivated the High Voltage.
- Jumped into the cockpit, plugged in the ODB.
- Turned on Accessories. Accessories only stayed on for 10seconds. All kinds of lights and warnings and then it would shut itself off.
- Every time I turned on Accessories, the same thing would happen.
- I figured since the 12V had been off for so long, all the electronics were in wonky error states and so nothing was talking to anything.
- Anyways, fired up BimmerLink and then turned on Accessories again and quickly started pulling codes - there was a bunch. Everytime accessories would shut off, I'd turn it back on and keep pulling codes.
- Once all the codes were pulled, I started clearing them - same deal, had to keep turning on Accessories again and again every time it turned itself off.
- Repeated this process for 10minutes and slowly things started coming back.
- Eventually the Accessories remained on.
- I kept pulling codes and clearing codes.
- Then it was like everything was happy.
- Happy to report it's 100% now. No check engine light, no drive train errors or other errors poping up on the instrument cluster.
Took it for a 20 minute test drive, no issues. Started up the Rex using the emissions sequence and let that run for a while - again all good there.
And lastly registered the new battery which seemed anti-climatic given everything else I had gone through.
So I chalk all of my symptoms up to what happens when the 12V battery dies.
I'll report back how things look over the next few days.
Hope this is helpful to someone out there.