Returning Our Lease

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arm

Leased an i3s two years ago and the time has come to return it. Real shame as I would have kept it had BMW offered a decent deal for the lease return.

It's been a great car... real shame. Low miles, nicely fitted, well taken care of. Pains me to return it to them.

In today's tight market, used car prices are way up - Carvana offered me what I had paid for my 2015 three years ago - check for similarly equipped & year cars on Carvana and Cargurus and compare with what BMW is offering as a buy out. If still high, when you turn it in, see if the Dealer is going to re-sell it - BMW will be giving it to them at a discount that they just write off. You may be able to work a deal, and as a low mileage lease return in good condition, the Dealer will be selling it as a CPO, which means BMW will add another year of warranty to the car.

Yeah none of those options panned out. Carvana low-balled us big-time.

We ordered a Tesla back in October just in case and it seems we'd be sticking with that. The i3s has been returned.

Back