Three errors suddenly this morning: Stabilisation, front-end collision, and pedestrian alert.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbyi3

Started the i3 this morning, and suddenly the three errors shown in the pic linked below, popped up. Car was fine yesterday.

[*] "Driving stabilisation. Drive moderately"
[*] "Front-end collision warning restricted"
[*] "Pedestrian alert restricted"

8hgfe8u6eme81.jpg

I took it for a slow drive up and down the street, and the only thing I could tell was that the regenerative braking wasn't working (I had to use the brake pedal as in a normal car).

Any ideas what this could be? Fuse issues?

Bobbyi3 –

From the look of the UI in your picture, your i3's model year is between 2014 and 2016. If that's when your i3 was built, those error messages are a classic indicator of a failing 12V auxiliary battery.

A search for "i3 12V AUX" will return plenty of links.

Use the BimmerLink app to "register" a new 12V auxiliary battery (informing your i3 that it has a new battery so it can be charged appropriately).

frictioncircle said:
Bobbyi3 –

From the look of the UI in your picture, your i3's model year is between 2014 and 2016. If that's when your i3 was built, those error messages are a classic indicator of a failing 12V auxiliary battery.

A search for "i3 12V AUX" will return plenty of links.

Use the BimmerLink app to "register" a new 12V auxiliary battery (informing your i3 that it has a new battery so it can be charged appropriately).

Yep, it's a 2015.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look up that info about a new 12V battery now.

Thanks.

HI. Was there any update on this? Did a 12V battery replacement resolve the error messages? Thanks for any information.

I changed over 12v battery yesterday on my wife’s i3 REx. It had a high voltage error earlier in the week on the drivetrain, but I suspected it was the 12v battery as car is 2015 and on original battery. BMW sold me the battery, £95 GBP, and tried to dissuade me from fitting it. Straight forward to fit. Registered with ISTA diagnostic software. Remember to put on a trickle charge first just in case it’s been sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Ran a test, cleared all errors. You’ll need to reset time, tyre pressures, etc. Car also runs through auto stabilisation on start up. When fitting battery, take your time and remember and connect vent pipe.

Back