Torklift light installation experience?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

I've ordered a Torklift, trailer light kit that should be here Friday. Anyone have photos or YouTube showing installation?

One concern is they want a permanent 12 V source versus a switched 12 V. I was planning to tap the 12 V outlet in the center console. Turns out the 'Imgur' setup just used a 12 V aux plug that would be easy.

I found a pair of YouTubes on mounting the receiver hitch and an 'Imgur' about installing the wiring. But he shows installation in the rear hatch, I see the lower lights in the bumper facia that would be much more convent:
  • Do the bumper facia lights provide turn, brake, and running light signals?

I'll test it in the morning but everything would be much more convent if I did not have to route from the hatch down to the receiver hitch.

OWCH:
1. The tail light and brake light in the bumper panel are only active when the tailgate is open. The tail light of the tailgate is switched off when the tailgate is open.
2. The turn indicator in the bumper panel is active when the tailgate is open.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

ps. My last computer failed after an unfortunate water bath. Can we still download the BMW i3 maintenance guide? I suspect the wring color coding and functions are in that series of PDFs.

pps. I was able to download the training manual.

Back