Charging Schedule Issue

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arm

Hey folks.

I usually use my BMW app to start and stop charging in order to control SOC. Up until tonight, I was able to turn off my charging by setting my charging status from Immediate to Charge in Time Slot and setting a departure time.

Once doing that, the charging session would stop.

Tonight I did the usual as above to stop charging but the vehicle wouldn't stop the session. I thought perhaps the app isn't accurately reporting the status update so I went to the car to check what the actual charging status is.

To my surprise, the car was still charging. So I checked the charging settings in the car itself and it was set correctly to Charge in Time Slot and a set departure time.

How can that be? I toggled the charging setting to immediate and back to Time Slot. Nothing... no change. The car kept charging. I even power cycled the car and still nothing.

So essentially I couldn't stop the car from charging immediately.

Any ideas?

2018 i3s BEV

Hi

Am having the same sort of problems-the car charge settings are conflicting with my Ohme charger settings-the Ohme is set up with Intelligent Octopus tariff.

There does not seem to be any way of turning off the car charging function so not to conflict with Ohme.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks
Neil

NeilC said:
Am having the same sort of problems-the car charge settings are conflicting with my Ohme charger settings-the Ohme is set up with Intelligent Octopus tariff.

There does not seem to be any way of turning off the car charging function so not to conflict with Ohme.
If charging is set to "Immediate" and the charging speed for both AC Level 1 and AC Level 2 is set to "Max", the i3's charging system isn't doing anything to limit the charging power (speed) or schedule, so I don't know why it would interfere with your Ohme EVSE. Please be more specific about the conflict.

Back