Charging rate?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piyuc

New i3s owner ( 8 days!) Is there any way to see what the current charging rate is? I can;t seem to find anything anywhere in the car menu. I can see when it is reporting it will be charged and if it is charging vs none charging? Thats about it though.

I have a 7kw rolec charger at work but it seems to be charging really slowly. I suspect that its charging at 3.6kw rather than 7.2kw but I can;t see anywhere that i can try and find out? It says it should take around 4 hours to charge on a 7.2kw charger. I put it on this am at 9 and its been charging for almost 4 hours now and its only gone up by 33%

It has led status lights on the unit but there appears to be no information anywhere about what the status lights mean.

From the menu in the car, what is the mximum charging current setting? Could it be set to Limited or low?

If you have a 120 Ah (37.9 net kWh) battery and charging at 7.2 kW your charge should go up 1/2% in 95.2 seconds. If the change takes twice as long, you are charging at half the rate.

If it's a 94 Ah (27.2 net kWh) battery the 1/2% should take a little over 65 seconds.

Back