94Ah REX - HOLD STATE OF CHARGE Issue

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex29a

My Range Extender Menu has been enabled . But greyed out and unavailable when the state of charge is above 75%

However, when the charge falls bellow 75% , and the Range Extender becomes available, it is checked
to activate Hold State of Charge
BUT the Range Extender Does not Fire up. WHY ??? I really need to be able toggle between REX and EV any time below 75%

Other times such as periodic maintenance, the REX automatically operates for some 15mins ,
(And when REX is manually activated using the Brake & Power pedal sequences, the engine fires up as intended)

So .. why does the REX not operate when the Hold State of Charge is enabled ?? which is it meant to do?

can anyone help??

Oh.. thanks. how long roughly? in your case?
I expected it to be immediate?
did not realise it can take a while ,, drove around at 50mph for about 10mins or so. at 70%..
REX didnt seem to fire up

will try again and hope it works.
( I tend to keep charge barely below 80% hence not had a chance to test Hold SOC )

It could take a minute or so, not 10 minutes. If you are driving on a highway you might not hear the engine. Did you try slower speeds? Does the gas gauge becomes active (if REX is off it is grayed out).

Another thin that crossed my mind, you mention the state of charge was 70% for 10 minutes. If you drive for 10 minutes on electricity, it should drop to 65% or so. If it didn't drop that means the REX was working perhaps?

Back