2017 i3 Charging issue after 12v replacement

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usafmurdock

Hello all, I just replaced my 12v battery with an OEM. I have yet to get the new battery registered at BMW because the vehicle only shows 1 mile of range and hasn’t increased after 3 hrs of charging (level 1). Another odd thing occurring is that the charging port is lit up green, meaning I have a full charge. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Apologies if this issue has been addressed previously.

leave it plugged in and "charging" at least overnight so the computers can "talk" to each other and work things out. Sounds insane but it has apparently worked for many people in the past with similar issues. Fussing with it won't help. "Registering" it is also not the answer.

Usafmurdock said:
Hello all, I just replaced my 12v battery with an OEM.
If the replacement battery wasn't fully charged just before it was installed, it could have a low charge that would cause problems.

Hey all, quick update. I awoke to a fully charged vehicle. Thanks for the wise words, I was really scared it would end up being a huge deal.

Back