2017 i3 brights problem

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonickwizat

I recently bought a 2017 rex with sport package and this is what my bright lights look like with the headlights blocked off. I guess there in the fog light section low on the front bumper where I thought the fog lights would be, but I don't have a button for fog lights. They don't look like there LED. They are way out of adjustment. Is this a coding problem or do I need to manually adjust them and how would I do it? Couldn't find any videos on YouTube. I live in rural country with lots of deer and I really need brights. I posted on Facebook BMW i3 Technical and Repair group with a picture of the problem. Here's the link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwi3technical

As you've learned, the i3 has no fog lights; the lights in the bumper of 2014-2017 i3's are halogen high beams. Some have replaced the halogen with LED bulbs, but the reflector is designed for the concentrated almost point light source of a halogen bulb whereas the light from an LED bulb originates from a larger area. This results in more scatter and poorer focus when LED bulbs are installed even though they are usually brighter and whiter.

You've also learned how to adjust them.

Back