gooseNzoose

Re: Got into an accident...car totaled

I’m surprised the parts cost that much because the damage doesn’t look bad. It’s probably because the car is not that new, and there are fewer parts available generally for electric vehicles.
I bought my i3s a year ago, and I’ve already got into a minor accident. Luckily, then, with the help of my lawyer from https://puschnguyen.com/houston-car-accident-lawyer/, I managed to get the repair costs reimbursed in full by the insurance company. I was the victim in the accident, and the other driver’s insurance was responsible for this. as far as I remember, it wasn’t that much: $2000-3000.
Last edited by gooseNzoose on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arm

gooseNzoose wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:07 pm I’m surprised the parts cost that much because the damage doesn’t look bad. It’s probably because the car is not that new, and there are fewer parts available generally for electric vehicles.
A lot of the damage was under the car as I went over a concrete center divider. Nonetheless, you'll be shocked at what the insurance paid for it....
Fisher99

Arm wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:10 pm

A lot of the damage was under the car as I went over a concrete center divider. Nonetheless, you'll be shocked at what the insurance paid for it....
Ok. I'll ask: How much did the insurance company pay?
2014 BMW i3 with Range Extender Engine, Capparis White/Frozen Black, 20" wheels,, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, TurboCord EVSE
Arm

Fisher99 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:12 pm
Arm wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:10 pm

Ok. I'll ask: How much did the insurance company pay?
$31,9k
Fisher99

Nice! I'm currently waiting for a final estimate on the damage to my 2014 i3/REX after my wife put it into a ditch. I don't think it will be totaled unless they find something significant when they get under it and tear into it. The body shop can't even get it in for the estimate until January.
2014 BMW i3 with Range Extender Engine, Capparis White/Frozen Black, 20" wheels,, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, TurboCord EVSE
Arm

Fisher99 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:27 pm Nice! I'm currently waiting for a final estimate on the damage to my 2014 i3/REX after my wife put it into a ditch. I don't think it will be totaled unless they find something significant when they get under it and tear into it. The body shop can't even get it in for the estimate until January.
Wow that's crazy. I can't believe they are that backlogged.
Fisher99

Just got some "good" news. They have moved me up to December 27. Accident happened 10/26, so that will be a 2 month wait. The shop did a quick estimate the same day, just to get the insurance stuff rolling, but said that they can't provide a full estimate until they can tear into it, or at least get it up on a lift. There are several body shops in the area but the reputable ones are all backlogged, or don't work on electric vehicles.
Arm

Fisher99 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:07 pm Just got some "good" news. They have moved me up to December 27. Accident happened 10/26, so that will be a 2 month wait. The shop did a quick estimate the same day, just to get the insurance stuff rolling, but said that they can't provide a full estimate until they can tear into it, or at least get it up on a lift. There are several body shops in the area but the reputable ones are all backlogged, or don't work on electric vehicles.
Where are you located?
Fisher99

NE Oregon. Small town. Maybe 6-8 body shops.

Return to “General / Main i3 Owners Forum”