Used i3 Parts Supplier?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfran2

When the wrecker hauled away my 2014 i3, I didn't think to grab the tire inflator out of the frunk, and my "new" 2015 didn't have one! Do any of you know of any salvage yards who are specializing in the i3, or if other BMW models used the very same setup? I realize I can buy something similar at an auto parts store (or just keep a can of Fix-A-Flat, my current choice), but I would like to have the factory system if I could get one used at a decent price. Thanks for any ideas you may have!

John Francis
Rolla, MO

I just realized I've been searching online for the wrong term - I should have been looking for "Mobility Kit." I have the bottle of sealant - just need the inflator, and I see a plethora of these on eBay. Anyone know if they are all the same, and if any of them would work on the i3? Better yet, anyone have a part number for the correct one? Thank you for any help you can provide.

John Francis
Rolla, MO

I don't have that but do have a couple of other items if you are interested.

Regarding jfran2's original question, does anyone know of an i3 salvager? For me, US-based would be preferred.

Considering that our cars are out of production and are in the more unique corner of BMW's production, I would expect that that spare parts could become a concern, especially as these will likely be long-lived machines due to their simplicity and materials used.

Back