Will ReX keep state of charge if the vehicle is not moving?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supremelordgeek

I want to park the car in the driveway and use an inverter off the 12v battery
If i put it in neutral with the park break on, turn on Hold SOC, and power things off the 12v system. Will the REX start after i drain the battery without me having to drive the car? I know the DC-DC converter is rated at 2500 watts, so I think it would make a decent temporary power backup with a big inverter.

cdnji said:
Here is Youtube video of someone who plugged an inverter directly on the main/high-voltage battery to use it to power high amp household appliances.

No he did not. He attached the Inverter to the 12v battery. This is a RHD car and the 12v battery is on the opposite side compared to LHD.

I want to park the car in the driveway and use an inverter off the 12v battery
If i put it in neutral with the park break on, turn on Hold SOC, and power things off the 12v system. Will the REX start after i drain the battery without me having to drive the car? I know the DC-DC converter is rated at 2500 watts, so I think it would make a decent temporary power backup with a big inverter.
I dont know if you're still interested. I turned on hold soc and ran the heater on high a few days ago. The rex started after soc went down about 5 percent. I was wondering for the same reason.

Back