How to improve ride comfort on i3 Rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsparks

Hi has anyone changed their suspension dampers and improved the ride comfort, any advice please anyone, Thanks Oldsparks

Hello Oldsparks and welcome to the forum!

A bit more information will help us provide helpful answers...

– What year and version (REx/BEV, Sport or non-Sport) is your i3?

– As you're looking for more comfort, what do you find particularly not comfortable about your current ride quality?

Early (2013-2017) i3 models had the same suspension regardless of REx or BEV powertrain.

Later (2018-2021) i3 models could have either the base suspension or the Sport suspension (in both powertrains).

frictioncircle said:
Early (2013-2017) i3 models had the same suspension regardless of REx or BEV powertrain.

Later (2018-2021) i3 models could have either the base suspension or the Sport suspension (in both powertrains).
According to this video, there are 8 different combinations of suspension components installed in 10 different i3 models (the 120 Ah REx and 120 Ah S REx aren't included because they weren't available in Europe). So almost every i3 model has a unique combination of suspension components. Scrub to 8:56 to see a chart of all the front damper, front spring, front stabilizer, rear damper, and rear spring parts numbers.

Back