Ordered my car

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaz26

Just sent the dealer the spec for my car. Only a very few customer cars in UK for 2013 so might get lucky.

Solar Orange
Rex
Suite trim which is brown/ black leather with eucalyptus wood
19 in turbine wheels style 428
Prof Nav
Park assist package - PDc and park assist and camera
Winter package - heated front seats and pre heating of battery with active flap control
Adaptive led lights
Driving assistant plus
Sunroof
Sun protection glass
Internet

My current understanding is that the dealers will be able to place orders on Tuesday next week. I am hoping that my deposit has secured a reasonably early build slot and I will be going for:

Andesit Silver
428 Wheels
Interior world Suite with brown leather
Cold Cabin Prep
Winter Package
Harmon Kardon speakers
Online entertainment
Enhanced BluetoothService (on assumption that online entertainment works with voice controls)
Service package
Sun Protection glass
And either park assist or a sunroof

I wont be buying any of the packages - £480 pa for an annual weeks hire of a 1 series doesn't strike me as particularly good value for money.

Davidfromdigswell said:
My current understanding is that the dealers will be able to place orders on Tuesday next week. I am hoping that my deposit has secured a reasonably early build slot and I will be going for:

Andesit Silver
428 Wheels
Interior world Suite with brown leather
Cold Cabin Prep
Winter Package
Harmon Kardon speakers
Online entertainment
Enhanced BluetoothService (on assumption that online entertainment works with voice controls)
Service package
Sun Protection glass
And either park assist or a sunroof

I wont be buying any of the packages - £480 pa for an annual weeks hire of a 1 series doesn't strike me as particularly good value for money.

Nice spec. You will need the prof Nav to get the online entertainment? But free upgrade I think for first cars delivered?

gaz26 said:
Nice spec. You will need the prof Nav to get the online entertainment? But free upgrade I think for first cars delivered?

Congratulations Gaz and David on your cars ..... they are nices specs.

Cars delivered before March qualify for the upgrade so I think anything ordered before Christmas should be alright. BMW want to build as many as possible so there'll be no restrictions.

I'm going to wait until I've been to Frankfurt before making a decision, hopefully I'll get to see all the trims side by side.

However the lack of configuration really disappoints me...... whilst I like the Brown of the "Suite World" Brown wouldn't ever be my first choice ..... plus £2k for leather when in a 3 Series its £1,250 I thinking is taking the ............!

Also anyone know what option Driving Assistant Plus 5AT does? - there doesn't seem to be a breakdown of what's included and what it does ........ that I can find anyway.

Parker said:
gaz26 said:

Congratulations Gaz and David on your cars ..... they are nices specs.

Cars delivered before March qualify for the upgrade so I think anything ordered before Christmas should be alright. BMW want to build as many as possible so there'll be no restrictions.

I'm going to wait until I've been to Frankfurt before making a decision, hopefully I'll get to see all the trims side by side.

However the lack of configuration really disappoints me...... whilst I like the Brown of the "Suite World" Brown wouldn't ever be my first choice ..... plus £2k for leather when in a 3 Series its £1,250 I thinking is taking the ............!

Also anyone know what option Driving Assistant Plus 5AT does? - there doesn't seem to be a breakdown of what's included and what it does ........ that I can find anyway.

Re Driver Assistant plus

The optional Driving Assistant Plus includes a comprehensive package of innovative driving assistant systems that make driving in the BMW i3 especially safe and comfortable. The traffic jam assistant can control the BMW i3 autonomously up to a speed of 40 km/h during traffic jams. The video-based Active Cruise Control maintains a constant speed and distance from 0 up to 140 km/h without an intervention of the driver. The collision warning warns about imminent rear-end collisions in due time. At a speed of up to 60 km/h, the BMW i3 can even brake independently thanks to the city collision warning with braking function feature. And the city collision warning with braking function feature for pedestrians helps to prevent accidents from occurring with pedestrians and minimises the risk of passenger injury in an emergency. Speed limit information shows the respective permitted maximum speed and supports a predictive and efficient driving style.

Back