A few more i3 questions answered

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecoangel

A few Answers for i3 potential customers:

UK Customer: Does i3 come with option for winter tyres? My car has similar Bridgestone Ecopia B381 tyres for summer and Blizzak version for winter

I3 Advisor: 17:58:36 Yes it does have a winter option for tyres.

UK Customer: 17:59:02 Is there somewhere to download an options price list (UK)

I3 Advisor: 18:01:17 If you go to the www.BMW.co.uk website and take the i3 and then the specifications there is an optional extra guide there.

UK Customer: 18:03:32 Thanks - just found it. Can the PAYG Charge Now be bought without extra items (ie without Spark/other monthly fees) ?

I3 Advisor: 18:05:36 Yes, you can pay an anual charge of £20 and the cable that you would need is the public cable that costs £165.

UK Customer: 18:07:17 Thanks good to know. Any ideas on what an i3 service involves and how often? If it has the range extender then i suppose it would need oil and air filter changes on the ICE. But is the rest just wear and tear items like tyres/brakes/windscreen wiper blades?

I3 Advisor: 18:10:14 The service package covers service for 5 years or 60,000 miles, prices from £375. There is also service plus, this covers servicing and maintainence for 5 years or 60,000 from £1,280.  Or you can choose from the elecric packages and prices start from £50 per month, this includes a fully maintained vehicle including services and tyres.

UK Customer: 18:13:34 thanks I3 Advisor, Does the car have a spare wheel or use run flat tyres?

I3 Advisor: 18:15:07 The tyres are just normal tyres. I am just looking into whether it has a spare tyre for you.
18:17:01 No, it does not have a spare tyre.

UK Customer: 18:17:35 OK thanks for that. I suppose that would take up a lot of bootspace! With regard to Connected services, the brochure notes say "initial free of charge period" for 6AK, 6AN and 6AM but UK price list now says 6AN and 6AM are charged or free under ZNP - what's ZNP?

I3 Advisor: 18:19:35 Sorry, could you be a bit more specific?

UK Customer: 18:22:46 Wilco - I have the paper brochure as sent from BMW UK. It didn't come with options list. On page 24 it's titled "BMW Connected Drive Services" and in there the paragraphs are numbered.
   18:23:27 Para 3 says 6AK is activated for 36 months (free period)
   18:23:58 Same for para 4 : information plus 6AN

I3 Advisor: 18:24:10 Thank you for your question. I am just looking into this for you.
   18:26:37 To start with 6AM (real time traffic information), is part of ZNP.

UK Customer: 18:27:30 OK, and ZNP is?
   18:28:28 Ah, found it on options list at £960?

I3 Advisor: 18:29:16 Can I help you with anything else?

UK Customer: 18:30:13 So is the first brochure wrong? It implies ZNP is free for up to 36 months?

I3 Advisor: 18:30:56 Thank you for your question. I am just looking into this for you.

18:33:28 Yes, it is free for up to 36 months as long as you order the vehicle before the end of November.

UK Customer: 18:33:49 thanks for you help, have a good evening!

I3 Advisor: 18:34:13 Thanks UK Customer for using our live help service, goodbye.

ecoangel said:
A few Answers for i3 potential customers:

I3 Advisor: 18:10:14 The service package covers service for 5 years or 60,000 miles, prices from £375. There is also service plus, this covers servicing and maintainence for 5 years or 60,000 from £1,280.  Or you can choose from the elecric packages and prices start from £50 per month, this includes a fully maintained vehicle including services and tyres.

Look's like they still haven't fixed the service inclusive price. Still not clear why REx and non REx are currently quoted at the same price.

And to think all those answers are delivered by an AI program .......... Amazing

Quote ...... "that BMW will use something called the iGenius to respond to people's questions about the i3 that are submitted. Apparently, the algorithms can understand the question based on words and context and then send back relevant information"

As far as I'm aware this was not the automated service - two different advisors typed the replies.

Back