Successful Coding after KLE and software update

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamgolfer

I successfully coded my I3 REX after KLE replacement and software upgrade.

When I tried to do the coding using psdzdata 54.1 it was not able to read the cafd files. I wrote to Antonio at compubuildernet, from whom I bought the cable on eBay for $20, and he promptly sent me a link to some files to add to the data directory. With that, the software worked.

Some differences from documentation:
1) For REX Hold function - the options are night_activ, rex, and phev. I do not know what the difference is between rex and phev. I picked REX as it has the code "1". It works!

2) I did the tank capacity mod as well. At the moment, the tank gas display on the panel seems incorrect. I had used about 0.5g of gas when I did the coding. The display shows full gas tank, but with greater miles availability. I will use the rest of the gas and see if it fixes itself.

hamgolfer said:
2) I did the tank capacity mod as well. At the moment, the tank gas display on the panel seems incorrect. I had used about 0.5g of gas when I did the coding. The display shows full gas tank, but with greater miles availability. I will use the rest of the gas and see if it fixes itself.

There is one more setting responsible for that that I didn't know about when I published it initially. It's called TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE and needs to be changed from 7_liter to 8_liter.

Tomasz, will you or have you added the info about the TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE setting change to the coding instructions document?

Thanks Tomasz and others. That fixed the gas gauge problem.

I succeeded in generating a CEL in the process of updating the codes in the modules. The code is 0x3F which translates to "Initialization Error." The vehicle seems just fine. I tried to clear the code using Tool32 but no success yet.

hamgolfer said:
I succeeded in generating a CEL in the process of updating the codes in the modules. The code is 0x3F which translates to "Initialization Error." The vehicle seems just fine. I tried to clear the code using Tool32 but no success yet.

Did you figure out what caused this?

Back