Anyone in Phoenix that can assist...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dculber

in teaching me to code my car. I have never done it and want to make sure I do it correctly. I have the cable, but still need a token I guess..? Then just to have someone show me how to get going is all I am looking for, after that I should be good but I simply just want to make sure I am the correct steps...

I've put the collection of Coding Docs from the Facebook group here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwDIs_nxdOrPcEd5SU45Wm9SRDA&usp=sharing

You should be able to piece together how to get the job done from these docs.

As for the toke, if you go to the bmwcoding forum (www.bmwcoding.com), you'll find a posts showing where to get a version of E-sys that is "token-less". Its basically a loader for e-sys that you use t generate your own token.

Just be sure to back up any file that you are going to change, and make sure e-sys is in "expert" mode.

Take it one step at a time, and make sure you can read the files, modify (without writing back to car), and when you are comfortable with the steps, you can write a file back to the car. Again, make sure to back up any file that you are going to change. Also a good practice to keep a document open and record the steps that you took, what the values were before changing and what the values are that you changed to. It'll help when you need to re-code after getting a software update.

Back