Dealer taking $15K off new unregistered 2014 Giga Worlds?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqueusi

Hopefully I'm not spoiling my deal by posting too early. Found a dealership willing to sell their remaining (2) 2014 Giga Worlds they have in stock. Car out of state so I'm asking the dealer a million questions as well as high resolution pictures. They will not provide shipping but will coordinate with your shipper.

So far it's passing the "smell test". I've been reassured both cars are unregistered ($7,500 rebate), and as a BMW CCA member I *THINK* my new car purchase would qualify for the $1,000 BMW CCA rebate.

For the forum, anything I should be suspicious about? I'm about to put down a deposit if not buy the i3 outright in the next 24-72 hours.

I'll be sure to share the dealer contact once my deal is closed. If you're interested maybe we can incentives the dealer to knock a few more dollars off by buying both i3s?

Can anyone recommend a car shipper? Dealer is about 600 miles away.

No DC rapid charging.

Options are (reading off build sheet):

1. Arravani with Giga interior
2. 20" alloy wheels
3. Technology + Driving Assistance Package
4. Heated front seats.

No reference to DC rapid which I believe was a $700 option at the time. If my research this AM is correct, the DC option was rolled into the base 2015s.

Learning as fast as I can.

jacqueusi said:
No DC rapid charging.
Since you didn't list the range extender option, I assume that these i3's are both BEV's. If so, make sure that your intended use of an i3 would not be crippled by a lack of DC rapid charging. Even if no SAE Combo DC rapid chargers are in your area right now, there may be while you still own your i3. Not having DC rapid charging could reduce the resale value of this car if you intend to buy it.

Our i3 BEV Giga has the DC rapid charge option but we will never use it because we live on a smallish island. We were unable to find a new i3 BEV with the options that we wanted but without options that we didn't want (e.g., DC rapid charging). Maybe we should swap :)

Aloha alohart!

I was in Hawaii just a few weeks ago. Your posts makes me miss it even more so, especially with temps here dropping below the 50s. Disappointed that I didn't see a single i3 while in Honolulu or in Maui.

No DC rapid chargers around. I don't foresee any in the Metro Detroit area anytime so. Oh and yes both i3 are BEVs.

I just put a deposit down on the first i3. I suppose it's safe to say with all of the discounts including Federal and BMW CCA my price before taxes is under $23K, only $2K more than if I had gone with a 2015 Ford Focus electric, and I have a whole lot more equity.

Was hoping to pass on similar savings to fellow forum members. :)

Are they offering a lease, Owner's Choice, or just a purchase?

FYI, depending on the in-service date you may lose a year or more of warranty if the cars were already put into service. The only way to find out about this is to ask the dealer the in-service date, or have another dealer run the VIN.

How many miles are on the cars?

Thanks for the pm and the link. Do those pricing not include the tax credit? Heck of a deal of so.. Stop sending people info until I get mine picked out! Haha
Actually just drove an i3 for the first time just 10 min ago. It's a nice hamster ball. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but left feel.. Just a little underwhelmed. I've driven an iMee (several times) and a tesla 60 (twice). It falls right in between those bit closer to the tesla. Pretty much all 3 seem pretty on target with their price (unfortunate ;)
If a true deal can be found on a i3 purchase.. Well I guess I'd be a BMW owner.

Manitou, hard to believe but prices DO NOT include the tax credits. I triple checked. :)

In my case, I believe safe to use the real numbers:

1. MSRP $47,400
2. Discount $17,459
3. Buy It Now Price $29,941

Less $7,500 tax credit, less $1,000 BMW CCA my final price before taxes and shipping, $21,441. I understand California has a $2,500 tax credit, and Colorado even more! That pushes the price below $20K.

Unbelievable.

i3atl,

GOOD CALL!!!

Again, thank God for this forum. I called my salesperson and sure enough the In-Service date is 10/14. Nearly a year down on warranty and service. There's a couple of options, either a deep discount on an extended BMW warranty, CPO the car for $$$, or knock some $$$ off the price. Of course walk away is another as nothing has been signed yet except for deposit.

I did ask about lease and the other payment options. BMW offering nothing for the 2014s. I got 1.83% from Bank of America through the dealership. I'll refinance local, my credit union giving 1.49% + $300 by refinancing from another bank (conquest).

Lots to think about in next 24 hours. Paperwork set to arrive tomorrow.

Just be aware that the CPO warranty isn't nearly as good as it was several years ago. The top level BMW extended warranty may be the best route, assuming they include it in your deal at no extra cost.

Be sure it's actually the BMW warranty and not a third party one.

By the way, since you're purchasing, I definitely would not buy a BEV without DCFC. If you were only keeping the car for 2-3 years, it might be different. I think you can get a similar deal from another dealer with some effort.

There's a reason that 2014 models lacking DCFC are still sitting on dealer lots.

I heard the same thing about the CPO, I'm also concerned it could impact my Tax Credit or CCA rebate. Besides, they aren't throwing it into the detail, the offer is at a "steep" discount. I'm somewhat still interested, just trying to quantify what one year of warranty and one year of maintenance is worth. Of course, they would have to agree with my assessment as well! :eek:

Did you end up purchasing it? They also have good prices on the 2015s but look to have sold out pretty quickly with their aggressive pricing.

no2gas,

I ended up passing on the car. Between the paperwork getting FedEx'd overnight to my house to it arriving, the deal was dead over the In-Service date.

BUT, I'd like to explain. While the price was amazing, i3atl was right about other cars being out there. It took about two hours to do a search, but I found a 2014, every option include DC charger and Harmon Kardon except for REX about 300 miles away (Chicago) from me. The dealership had it online for $49K+ so it sat there getting 0 attention. Actually, I found four dealerships with similar cars, sent out four inquiries pointing out the Tulsa i3 around midnight my time. I got two rejections, one no response, then Chicago came through. My salesperson had doubts about knocking so much money off the deal, but I had a walk away figure in mind. Dealer came back with an offer lower than my walkaway and they threw in free shipping to Detroit, and sold me a set of winter wheels and tires at cost (approx. $1,300 no shipping).

I received the paperwork today, signed off, and sent it out a couple of hours later. Looks like I'll be a new i3 owner in the next 7-10 days.

Credit to BMW Tulsa, when the error came up, they offered financial incentives to rectify the situation. By then even though it was more $$$ I ended up getting the backup camera the wife wanted, and I got my HK system for dollar for dollar more was a better deal than BMW Tulsa.

Now I gotta take the sad sad step of selling my E39 ///M5. :-(

BTW, IF you plan on searching for 2014s, it's tricky. BMW doesn't have or at least does not reveal national inventory. I even called my local dealership contact and while he could search nationwide on 2015 & 2016, once the 2014 is "brought into inventory" it's not searcheable on a national level.

I then relied on Google. Went to Google maps, search BMW dealership along with the state. Google presented a list of dealers, along with website links. I then entered i3 into each website search. After 14 states (Suggest skipping Colorado, the Dakotas, and New Jersey no 2014 to be had) I had my list. I sent out emails with the Tulsa BMW car, went to bed, weighed options in the morning and put a deposit on my car after picking up my lunch and having two bites :)

That's a phenomenal deal. I saw that one, and if I really didn't need an additional i3 given BMW has basically given me a 2 year lease, I wished that I had more options like this Giga/Tech. I'm in agreement about the backup camera. Even though its a bit of an extortion to pay the $1K for parking assist, the car really needs that additional visibility.

What was the problem with the BMW Tulsa car? Did they already register it beforehand so no tax credit? Edit: sounds like the tax credit was in question, given the dealership already put it in service.

You can do nationwide searches with Autotrader - that's how I found my great sub $100 lease deal in Nashville, TN.

I'm on the lookout for a 2014/2015 i3 with Rex, will use Autotrader to check inventory. There is some funny stuff going on with the Tulsa dealer, they had the 2015s advertised for 12 - 13k off. I called and was told they were sold out. I put in a web request later and then they sent a quote with only a 7k discount, and updated the web prices with the reduced 7k discount.

The only issues for me with the Tulsa car was the in-service date and i3atl's suggestion that I could probably do better. If I didn't find the car in Orland Park, Chicago, I probably would have bought the ionic silver i3 from Tulsa.

Just a suggested, I also used Autotrader. Great tool, but I found it doesn't report everything. Here's an example, if you search the Chicago, IL area for an i3, then go to the Orland Park BMW website, you'll get different results. I think it's to the buyers advantage since the cars aren't getting browsed at a regional or national level they don't move.

I presented Orland Park with the Tulsa deal, dollars off they actually beat it! It also had the options I wanted, backup camera and HK. My Orland salesperson first rate. He sent me a video of the car, sold me the winter package at cost, and even answered some of my questions 10 PM ET.

Chicago dealers are great. I got a great lease deal on my BEV from Bill Jacobs and had very good communication with Perillo - straight business, no BS.

And I feel you on the E39 - it was a sad day when I lost my 540 :-(

Back