Welcome to the BMW i3 Forum

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwi3

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the BMW i3 Forum! I thought it would be good to start a forum thread that we could all introduce ourselves and welcome new users to the i3 Forum.

Are you interested in purchasing the BMW i3? Or simply learning more about it as it gets closer to the 2013 launch date?

Hello and Thanks for creating this BMW i3 Forum! I'm actually very interested in buying BMWi3 but joined the BMW i3 Forum in order to learn more about it! And from what I have seen so far i will learn a lot here!

As a future BMWi3 owner it is great to be a part of the BMWi3 Forum. I literally can't wait to purchase the new BMWi3. Once again BMW has gone above and beyond!

Hello! I am a new member of the BMW i3 forum. I'm super excited about the Bmw i3 car. I'm hoping i'd find a lot of information about BMW i3 in this forum.

Hi everyone! I've just joined BMW i3 forum. The features of BMW i3 is looking really interesting. I hope to hang around to know more about BMW i3.

Hello BMW i3 forum members. I'm Megh and I'm new to BMW i3 forum. I'm a big BMW electric car fan. I'm waiting eagerly for the 2013 BMW i3 car.

Hi every one! I have just heard about BMW i3 forum and that everything about BMW i3 is available in here. Cant wait to find more about the BMW i3 and share what I know.

Hello, everyone! I am new to this BMWi3 forum. I hope you guys can help me learn more about this awesome car! I am such a car lover. Thanks in advance!

xoxo

Hi guys, I just joined the BMW i3 forum. I am a car enthusiast ans especially so when it comes to Electric vehicles. I will be so glad to learn a lot about the BMW i3 and I hope you guys will help me a lot in doing that. Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to having some good time in this forum.

Hi everyone, I think this is forum is a great place to learn much about the 2013 BMW i3. However, when you visit the main website of the BMW i3, there is news about the body and the materials used and some details about its interior. There isn't really much about the finer details of the car such as the hose power and things like so. Can someone please explain why this is so or where I can get more details about the BMW i3.

austin said:
Hi everyone, I think this is forum is a great place to learn much about the 2013 BMW i3. However, when you visit the main website of the BMW i3, there is news about the body and the materials used and some details about its interior. There isn't really much about the finer details of the car such as the hose power and things like so. Can someone please explain why this is so or where I can get more details about the BMW i3.

Hi Austin,

BMW hasn't officially announced the technical details for the production i3 yet. What you do see is what they announced fro the concept i3, and that information is subject to change on the production version. I don't expect the production version and technical specifications to be available for a couple months. I will post it here as soon at BMW releases it. I can tell you this though, the production i3 will have 170hp and 184 lb-ft of torque and weigh 2,756lbs. It will go 0-60 in under 8 seconds. Hope that helps for now.

Thanks a lot Tom for the clarification. You are doing a great job and please keep us updated on the latest developments and any new information about the BMW electric vehicle. We are so eager to know much about the car.

bmwi3mnl
Hello everyone, my name is George and I'm one of the participants in the ActiveE field trial. I look forward to the discussions on this forum, and of course to the launch of the i3. Happy belated New Year!

Hello all. My name is Gary. Up until the introduction of the Leaf and Volt, I was an avid classic car guy. I found the idea of EV's fascinating, and began to follow various blogs (including several that Tom Moloughney contributes to!) to learn about this new technology. I test drove a Nissan Leaf and a Mitsubishi iMiev several times over the past year, and finally took the advice of many on the mynissanleaf website (where BMW-E tester George, introduced above, is a respected contributor) and pulled the trigger on a 2 year lease in Dec. 2012. I'm here on this forum at least in part because I view the i3 as a viable choice for me at the end of this lease, and I look forward to learning more about the i3 in the months ahead.

Gary

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum!

We're mostly in holding mode here, waiting for more information such as pricing and release cities. Glad to have you with us!

Great to have a dedicated forum for the i3. I have owned a number of BMW's in the past and currently own a 128i Conv. As the saying goes, and I have tried many others, nothing drives like a BMW. So I am sure that the i3 will be no different and be the best driving electric on the market, so far (except maybe the Tesla), but hey for 1.000's less!

Anyway, i'll be in my local BMW dealer the day you can order the i3. :D

Hello everyone. My name is Dan Houk and I wanted to join in on the discussions.

I currently have a Plug-In Prius which is a little over a year old. Since I've had it, I've grown disappointed in the low EV range and am looking for a full EV to replace it. I'm excited for the BMW i3 with a longer range than the Leaf, the REx, and the BMW name. They seem to be taking a proactive approach to developing EV models rather than just making a compliance vehicle like many other brands.

Glad to be here.

Dan

Back