U.S. Production Numbers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine from my local dealer this morning! 0606993, with production set for the first week in March. Mine will be the first one sold in San Antonio :D

I just got my i3 Rex production number from my US dealer... very excited! I successfully entered it on the BMWUSA site, but I don't see an option for tracking it... I guess I need to enter the VIN in order to do that. My dealer told me I won't get the VIN until the car enters production. My delivery estimate is early to mid May, so I believe production begins in March.

jgetz said:
I received mine from my local dealer this morning! 0606993, with production set for the first week in March. Mine will be the first one sold in San Antonio :D

How were you able to determine when it would be started in production? Thanks

I also have one on order and have the production number, but it was one of 4 the dealer ordered for themselves and one just happened to match my configuration.

CompuMagic said:
jgetz said:

As it was explained to me, the week of production is shown on the dealer's allocation sheet. "2014/03/13" means week 13 production.

Hwy1rnr said:
CompuMagic said:
jgetz said:

As it was explained to me, the week of production is shown on the dealer's allocation sheet. "2014/03/13" means week 13 production.

Thanks. That looks like it goes into production March 13th. I will have to check with my dealer too. #0608968

An i3 with a production date of "2014/03/13" should be interpreted as March 2014, Week 13. The 1st number is the year, of course, the 2nd number is the month, and the 3rd number is the production week (not the day of month). The week we are in right now is build Week 10, so Week 13 would make the production date March 24-28 plus or minus a day or two.

Just heard from my dealer this afternoon that my production date has been bumped back to June! Guess all the stories about lengthy delays are true.

I had to twist the arm of my dealer a little bit to get the production date info... All he could see was 4/2014 and no 3rd number.

I got this from my sales rep in Bellevue this week:

you are in your production # 0606719 you are currently scheduled for week 15 of production which is the 2nd week of April you will be one of the very first to get you i3, when it goes into production I will let you know and will have a VIN at that time for you as well, any updates I get I will let you know."

vmSeattle said:

you are in your production # 0606719 you are currently scheduled for week 15 of production which is the 2nd week of April you will be one of the very first to get you i3, when it goes into production I will let you know and will have a VIN at that time for you as well, any updates I get I will let you know."

So . . . what date did you order?

scottlawrencelawson said:
vmSeattle said:

So . . . what date did you order?

I 'got on the list' in October 2013. My order was put in prolly with a lot of other people at the end of January. I live in Seattle and I am terrible parallel parking, really like heated seats, and never had the cool stereo upgrade before, so was planning on ordering all the options anyway. No 20" tires or Rex for me tho.

Same here, on the list October 2013 at Bellevue, but my order went in the first week of Feb. My production # is 607066, and my rep told me April as well.

I have a launch edition BEV on order with production number in 070xx range. Was supposed to go into production in week 14. It is week 17 now, and the status still shows "order documented, no confirmed production date yet".

What is the highest number that has been confirmed to reach "in production" or higher status? Anyone in 070xx range? How about anyone in 065xx or above?

Back