BMW Connected Spotify And Tunein issues

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexMan

When I picked the car up after it got it's first service yesterday I plugged the Iphone in and it worked, I could now access the menus instead of having basic next track function.

Today I tried and it wouldn't work again, I have to say it's really bugging me, it hasn't worked for several months.

Has anyone had issues where it might even detect spotify or tunein and when you open the app in the car it opens it on the phone and then nothing, it won't show up in the car.

I'm seeing issue where apple music works fine, but other apps like Tunein initially launch, but then the iPhone switches to the connected app, but I receive no sound. Very frustrating.

Yes Apple music works perfectly for me.

I've not had any issues where sound wasn't coming through , once I open the Spotify app manually or tune in they work fine except of course I can only go to next and previous track can not access any menus.

It's just sad because it's great when it works it just hasn't worked in many months.

The BMW connected app will come up and sometimes I see the App listed in the car under Media and the BMW connected app shows connected and displays a message like do not use while driving or something like that, then I select spotify or tune in from the cars Menu and it opens on the phone and does not display on the car's screen.

Then the BMW connected app disconnects and I can't get the Connected app to be recognised by the car without turning off the car and opening the door and even at that it might not appear for many attempts.

I swear if this ever works again I am never updating Spotify or BMW connected App again.

Back