rex fuel filler flap

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busaman

my fuel filler flap has stopped un locking has anybody had this problem before (the locking pin is not retracting)

Yes. Flap solenoid had to be replaced. Requires removal of front fender. With need for BMW NA approval to repair and ordering part, took a week. Welcome to the world of i3 repairs.

busaman said:
wouldnt be so bad but ive only refueled 3 times..
Sometimes, that sort of thing works better if it is cycled more frequently! A shot of WD40 or something similar, and cycling it a few times may resolve the problem, at least for awhile until you want to try to get it fixed or replaced. But, don't try that beforehand, as it may just end up working and they won't replace it since there would be no evidence of failure! I do that with my charge port plug latch, and it seems to work for a month or so.

jadnashuanh said:
busaman said:
wouldnt be so bad but ive only refueled 3 times..
Sometimes, that sort of thing works better if it is cycled more frequently! A shot of WD40 or something similar, and cycling it a few times may resolve the problem, at least for awhile until you want to try to get it fixed or replaced. But, don't try that beforehand, as it may just end up working and they won't replace it since there would be no evidence of failure! I do that with my charge port plug latch, and it seems to work for a month or so.

i cant cycle it it just doesn't work lol...

ive messed about with it a bit today it locks fine and i can make it unlock if i hold the flap in the right position so i don't think it the actuator but it does not work on the switch..

Back