MKH

Re: How many have had the drive train malfunction error?

Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:37 am

Wonder how many of these "drive-train malfunction" errors are equivalent to the Windows "blue-screen-of-death", caused by a software glitch code stumble that a re-boot/reset fixes?
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 20 inch wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

Beadbabe50

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 am

I just had my i3 towed, dead as a door nail until the guys tried to jump start it, but all the safeguards on the vehicle shut them out. So we are assuming it’s a battery thing. The lights flashed and clicked until it went totally dead and before this happened I had 50k on the car and used the REX 2 miles to get home. Shutting it off the motor still ran and I plugged in the charger. Today it had zero charge and was mostly dead. Unplugging it from the charger Nd closing the port door, that locked and would not open again. Couldn’t get it into neutral for towing Nd was forwArd facing in my garage, which then they had to drag it out on skates and onto a flatbed. Thankful I have triple AAA. but they tried for over an hour and a half to try anything to get it out of the garage. I will never front face in my garage again. I love this car , am hopeful, so will see what they say. It’s a 2015 Rex. And has almost every option you can get on it.

jadnashuanh

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm

If you try to charge the 12vdc battery without following proper procedures (that requires disconnecting the safety HV switch), you can damage things, maybe a lot.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”