Where's the REx exhaust pipe?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanSerif

Just had a thought; presumably the REx model has an exhaust pipe that'll ruin the purity of the shape of my EV. Unless, being such a small powerplant, BMW have managed to hide it away under the body or something.

Anyone seen a REx model and noticed?

SanSerif said:
Just had a thought; presumably the REx model has an exhaust pipe that'll ruin the purity of the shape of my EV. Unless, being such a small powerplant, BMW have managed to hide it away under the body or something.

Yes, it's hidden. You can't see it

TomMoloughney said:
SanSerif said:

Yes, it's hidden. You can't see it
I wonder what the part marked in the cutaway was. From this angle, it looks like an exhaust manifold to me. It's not present in the BEV version of the cutaway.

13XuBO8
bmwi3mnl

I believe the silver canister in the upper right corner of that image is the muffler, and therefore presume that the exhaust is below it, pointing down.

This is similar to how the Chevy Volt does it. Look closely at the rear of a Volt the next time you see one parked -- you can't see an exhaust pipe. You have to get down on your hands and knees, lower your head, and look UP at the bottom of the rear of the car. There it is!

Back