Production delay??

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaz26

Whilst production has started, here in the UK BMW has gone very quiet on when the first customer cars will be delivered.

From what I can establish the first cars will be pure electric and Rex is now delayed to Feb/March. I don't mind waiting but looks like BMW has been over optimistic with its production dates or as I think may well be the case a far higher percentage of orders are for the Rex meaning they are having to rescale production of the petrol engine.

Someone on FB just said their i3 REx order has just been confirmed for April delivery.

I don't mind waiting either so I think it might be time to try forget about the i3 for a while, 7 months is too long to keep reading daily reports about what is happening !

It actually isn't a delay. As early as last year I read that the range extender option will likely not be available for the initial launch in Europe, but follow 3-4 months later when it launches in the US. The real problem I believe is that BMW didn't properly communicate this so a lot of people expected it to be available right at the beginning of the European launch in November.

I'm resigned to a long wait.

The dealerships have been very poorly briefed on production timings (among other EV and i3 topics) IME. The internet has provided me with more believable information about possible delivery dates than has my dealership.

That said, April for a REx delivery is a bit longer than even I'd hoped.

Hope the car's worth the wait!

My understanding from contacting someone who has the facts is that worldwide demand for REx is very strong. Always intention to launch behind Bev. BMW working on how to satisfy demand. Indication for my early order is April delivery but might come in slightly before. I am relaxed about it prefer they don't rush it.

My understanding from contacting someone who has the facts is that worldwide demand for REx is very strong. Always intention to launch behind Bev. BMW working on how to satisfy demand. Indication for my early order is April delivery but might come in slightly before. I am relaxed about it prefer they don't rush it.

Back