New 2014 owner what to look out for?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5122

I just picked up my new to me 2014 i3 REX and its great. It has about one and a half months left on the warranty so I was wondering what I should be sure and stress test. It is fully loaded so there are lots of bits to check. So far on the drive from the dealership to work and then work to home I can confirm that the REX engine works as well as the folding, dip mirrors and the wipers.

One thing, aren't the mirrors supposed to fold in automatically when you put it in park? Mine fold with the armrest button but not automatically.

Pete B.

pwborders said:
One thing, aren't the mirrors supposed to fold in automatically when you put it in park? Mine fold with the armrest button but not automatically.
That's not the standard behavior of U.S. i3's. I have changed parameter values (a. k. a., coded) so that the side mirrors on our 2014 BEV fold when my finger lingers briefly on the Comfort Access lock ridges during my door locking. I have coded the mirrors to unfold automatically when I first exceed 3 mph in the forward direction. There are various options for mirror folding/unfolding.

Back