New to me 2014 rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seasidenj

Just got my 2014 rex still learning I have some questions...
Without out a mod, if you regularly exceed battery charge and run on the ice will that impact battery life?
Cubby under arm rest, there is a hook or holder something on the rear inside, what is this for?
Is the leather pouches real leather includeing doors? Is the lower dash real leather?
Thanks
Frank

My understanding regarding battery charge is that it's best not to leave it at a low charge . If you have run it on the Rex then afterward bring the charge back to at least midrange as soon as possible .

Seasidenj said:
Just got my 2014 rex still learning I have some questions...
Without out a mod, if you regularly exceed battery charge and run on the ice will that impact battery life?
Cubby under arm rest, there is a hook or holder something on the rear inside, what is this for?
Is the leather pouches real leather includeing doors? Is the lower dash real leather?
Thanks
Frank

Congrats! First thing, get the bimmercode app and a adapter and code the car. That way you can hold SOC and drive on Rex mode with some power remaining in your battery. Then when you get home or to a charger you can charge it up.
Also the small hook inside the cubby is for a cup. That hook is a cup holder.

The e-book on the i3 indicates that 10 charges from 90-100% puts the equivalent stress on the battery as one charge from 0-100%. If true, it doesn't hurt the battery pack. Note, BMW's battery management tech does not actually display the true battery pack SOC...it reads zero when there's still enough in it to not damage the battery. Now, if you parked it with an indicated really low value, parasitic losses could drop it down into the danger area where it could induce some degradation depending on the weather and or the time it sat.

I always plug mine in when I get home...the thing disconnects once the battery is full, so it's not like your cellphone, still with voltage applied.

Seasidenj said:
Thanks for info but hook for cup? Some BMW acesory cup? Or one for change?

Yes, the little 'hook' under the center arm rest is for the accessory cup holder. If you have two cup holders, the "front" one is removable, and can be adjusted to be slightly to one side or the other, or go in that spot under the arm rest.

Seasidenj said:
Thanks for info but hook for cup? Some BMW acesory cup? Or one for change?
Cup holder.

776488_x800.jpg

Back